Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm Alive!

So here it is...

Once we jumped off the Mali-boat (we call our Malibu that because it has such a terrible turn radius), we cranked up the hymns, and marched to our own drummer.  Many nasty things awaited us, none of which could have been maintained.  Sounds carried incredibly far into the jungle... Had it been heard by any bad boys?  Suddenly my brain screamed stop!  My right leg froze in mid-air.  My heart slammed in my throat.  The next few seconds took forever, my hands were shaking, and my nervous system was in some state of shock!  Then, silence got blown apart by break-mute chaos!  Holy huge spider crawling up my leg!  Haha!  We were at a members house cutting her JUNGLE of a back yard and I have seriously never seen so many giant insects in my life!  We came across giant wolf spiders, Black Widows, Millipedes with teddy bear faces, gardener snakes, and... Copperhead Snakes.  Seriously... So yeah, I guess you could say that was a crazy part of the week.  :D  And I may or may not have quoted most of this from a song I remember...

This last week has been pretty difficult.  I have had to re-apply something that I learned while I was in the MTC.  There are two things that you can do when you are in a situation you really don't want to be in:  You can ask Heavenly Father to change the situation (which I promise you won't work) or you can ask for strength through the saving grace of the Atonement to fortify your righteous desires and push through your trials.

Something I learned in the World Wide Broadcast this week was that we have to act out of Love!  If there isn't love in everything you do, you basically are just gonna be sad.  So like was said, "Abandon yourself and rely on the spirit!

I'm livin' the dream!  Keep me and my visa in y'alls prayers!

"You can yell at me all you want!  I've watched enough TV shows to know that popping the Back of a Raft makes it go faster..."

Me and the coolest member of our branch, Carlos

Livin' the dream!

Legit tie my mom sent me

The average storm rolling in

Copperhead




Our Dish Washer kinda sorta overflowed

At the end of the week, I win (red). The rest (blue)