Monday, September 9, 2013

La Gran Obra Misional!

The Church is True, The Book is Blue, and God is a Mormon!

So this week was pretty sweet! We had some weird days, but it all turned out great! First things first, Nidia got baptized! And So did Ricardo! And they are the first people I have actually baptized, so that was pretty special. To put the arm to the square and baptize them. But more importantly, to see the change in their lives and help them experience the joy that the gospel brings. I just truly love these people! They are strengthening my testimony more than anything else! I think back to that moment in the waters of baptism and can't think of ANYTHING better than that moment. It honestly is the best! I can't wait to walk in the Celestial kingdom with Nidia by my side. :)

This last week we have been teaching this old lady that has met with other missionaries, but never got baptized. Que bajon, no? So we have been teaching her and one day we decided to sing to her Soy un Hijo de Dios (I am a child of God) and when we finished we looked up and she was in tears! She couldn't talk for a few minutes and the spirit was super strong! We challenged her to baptism right then and she accepted. Mercedes for the 22 we hope!
(See videos at end of this post)

I had the opportunity to go on divisions once again and this time  El d e r
R o s a s s a  came to my area. He is from Peru and a capo. We had good experiences together and I got to, once again, speak Spanish all day. I love that! I love being able to go on divisions and teach these younger guys. It's the best!

We went to the mission home this last week to have interviews with the president and it was great. He is big on planning for the future and setting goals and developing talents. I won't list all the goals we set, but one that stuck out to me is ¨Grow in Humility, but Act with Boldness!¨.  Super Dope, no?  I want to be that way. Super meta! That made me think... So many people here live for the moment, for this one day. They don't think about tomorrow or their future. With one of our investigators, Kevin, we decided to just sit him down and help him get his head on straight. We asked him where he saw himself in 40 years and he was thrown back and told us he was never asked that nor had he thought about it! It's incredible! Goals are so important and I owe so much to this mission for helping me know what I truly want. :)

It rained so much one day this week... We got drenched. And our villa (ghetto) was full of mud. It was fun!

I just know with all I got that this Church is true! Every time I hold a copy of the Book of Mormon in my hands, I can just feel of the power that it contains. All that power in a book. Everything depends on it! Christ is the Savior. Heavenly Father loves us. We can be healed. We can start over. I know it.

Loves!

¨There is ALWAYS hope!¨ -Aragorn

Elder Rosassa y yo


Science... SLUMBER PARTY!
What's that off of?


Sunrise yesterday :)

Rainy day


Me waiting for the bus 


Nidia y Yo


Ricardo y Yo


Nidia y yo otra vez



"Soy un Hijo de Dios"
"I am a Child of God"




Elder David Archuleta
Serving a mission in Chile
Singing with Rebecca López