Monday, October 21, 2013

Loves

Hola familia! Todo Bien? I'm still super good and loving it here! Keepin the mantra, "Livin' the Dream" going, as Devin would say. We had an interesting week. I'm learning quite a bit about satan right now. He is crazy. Haha. But we are doing our best. :)

So I didn't use to be a big lover of bananas, but... They sell these bananas from Ecuador here and they are SUUUPER good! I just can't get enough of them! I guess you could say I'm... bananas. ;) Couldn't help it. Ha!

Y'all know that I love fishing. I didn't care what I caught as long as I caught something. But I ALWAYS knew that Carp were trash fish and not good to eat... So this last week we were with a member family that I just love and for lunch she walks up and slaps a fresh carp in front of me. Lol! I couldn't believe it! I was going to eat a fish that eats trash! Pretty much tasted like pond mud. Love it! I'll send a picture. But yeah... carp.

This last Sunday we were surprised to have a member of the seventy join us... Wilshem or something like that from Chile. He was great! During priesthood meeting when they asked him if he had something to say, he turned to us Elders and said, "How is the work of salvation Elders?" and so we talked about missionary work and he DROPPED THE CANE on not going out with us for lessons... "What brethren? Is it too difficult? Inconvenient?... Huh?". I loved it. So awesome.

"Let's just nuke this place and do baptisms for the dead!"
- E l d e r   B y w a t e r

Some things I've learned is that if I want revelation, I need to do my homework. It's not just gonna come by sitting on my bum. Reading the scriptures diligently is a big deal. Also, as we taught a family this week, I felt this overwhelming knowledge of what this family needed to be happy. But another thought dawned on me: I can't be the one to tell them that! My job as a missionary is to create a warm, loving environment so that the Spirit can tell them. I think I lost sight of that for a bit. Love missions! :)

Also, one last thing. It was Mother's day here in Argentina yesterday. Just thought I'd give a shout out to my Mom real quick. There is no other women like her! Absolutely amazing and in tune with the spirit. Always seeking the good in everything and loving me with all her being. Love you, Mama!

Let the lower lights be burning!     (listen to hymn)     (Boyd K. Packer's Talk) 

Loves!

The Carp

Funny
Santa Pecadora

Car!!! Ha

Climbing up villa stairs

E l d e r   T i p p e t s   a n d   I

Some mini gangsters and I

E l d e r   S o l i s   a n d   I

More villa after a rain storm

Standing by a passing train in the villa


WARNING
You may want to stop here
The following images are gross
(pig head & dog on train tracks)












They eat pig head here...
Dog that got cut in half by the train!