Monday, May 20, 2013

"I am, I am!"

So this week I have a bit more to say. :)

Okay so first of all, my visa. One of the Elders that I came out with to North Carolina, who is going to the same mission as I, is flying to Argentina right now. He got his visa like 2 days ago. So hopefully, I will get mine soon. However, it's pretty sweet out here. And if the Lord wants me to stick around for a week or two, then I'm not going to question it. :)

We have this investigator named Felix that is legit beyond all reason. As we taught him this last month, he was timid on accepting a baptismal date because he didn't feel worthy enough for it. However, after some firm prodding he accepted the 8th of June. That night after we left he told us that he went and prayed to know if Baptism was for him. He didn't really receive an answer, just a feeling of peace. The next night he had a dream that he was flying to Mexico for something... And whatever it was, it was really important to him. When he got off the plane, he saw my companions and me smiling and greeting him. He took that as a sign that baptism was what he needed to do. How cool, right?

So we were driving by a cemetery and my companion,  E l d e r   S h u p e  was like, "Wow, I didn't know the Catholics were doing baptisms for the dead now..." I was surprised and asked what he meant and he was like "Look at all those sprinklers they installed in the Catholic Cemetery. Haha, what a goof...

So we had to ride bikes A LOT this week. One day we went 25 miles. That may not seem like that much but when you throw in bikes and humidity, the strength you have gets drained SUPER FAST. Haha, I found myself singing that one song from Nacho Libre when he is fighting. Every time we'd go up a hill, I would sing, "I am, I am! I am, I am! I'm religious man! I'm strong, I am!" Hahaha. If you haven't heard that song, youtube it. It's funny... Anyways Yeah, it has been wild with the bikes.

Link to "I am, I am" after last picture

We had exchanges with the District Leader this week.
His name is  E l d e r   S c h e r e r.  He is pretty cool and works hard.

So I have some things really quick that I want to share...

I know I'm on my mission, but something that has stuck out to me is the importance of a Man and a Wife. It seemed like wherever I went, I was learning about families and the crucial role of a mother and a father. Sister Craven told us this week that there really is no such thing as a soul mate. It would be boring if there were! Never having things to work around and making it fun! She also talked about Train Tracks and that if one side of the track moves just a little bit, the train derails and ends in disaster. She likened that to Man and Wife, we are separate in who we are and our personalities, but one in our purpose. WE are one in getting that train to its destination.

This got me to thinking about the creation of man a little bit and how Eve was made out of the Rib of Adam. It really gives new meaning to the phrase "Side by Side" doesn't it? We are equal and powerful when we work together in our righteous pursuits. :)  It makes me think of who I want in an ETERNAL companion when I get home. Haha.  But that doesn't really matter right now. Just takin' my notes. ;)

Sometimes we turn on cruise mode in our car and don't really pay attention. That's why we need someone in the passenger's seat to give us a little nudge and keep us attentive and vigilant in getting to the end goal.
CELESTIAL KINGDOM MY GOOD FRIENDS!  AH SI!

Now, I heard something about President Monson's wife passing away... How sad. I know how much he loves her and it is difficult even for me. But I know if anyone knows about the Plan of Salvation, it's Him. :)

Anyways, Gotta go Storm the Castle. :)


My companion making the crazy face is
E l d e r   S h u p e
He is a strange child


E l d e r   S c h e r e r ,   m y   D i s t r i c t   L e a d e r    :)









Riding all day.  I was trying to stay optimistic.  Haha
I found myself singing that one song from Nacho Libre when he is fighting.
Every time we'd go up a hill, I would sing,
"I am, I am! I am, I am! I'm religious man! I'm strong, I am!"
Hahaha.

I am I am
I am I am
I think I am
I thank I am
I'm glad I am
I'm proud I am
A real religious man

As I realized
The mightiest friend
Can separate
A chance from fate
Cause you have all
I need to take
That's why I think I am I am I am
(Whoa)

Cause I have prayed
 I just behave
Cause saints and sinners
Are quite the same
Cause it's my temple
The whole wide world
That's why I think I am I am

I am I am
I am I am
I think I am
I thank I am
I'm proud I am
A real religious man

I am I am
I am I am
I pray I am
I feel I am
Oh Lord I am
God knows I am
A real religious man

I am I am
I am I am
I pray I am
I feel I am
Oh lord I am
God knows I am
A real religious man
A real religious man
   A real religious man...