Monday, July 15, 2013

We never become, We are always becoming

"Good morning Body, Time to Party!  Alright now!  Chin up, shoulders back, stomach in, buns tight, and one, and two, and three, and four!"

Whats that off of? ;)

So What is good!? To start off, I just wanna tell y'all how much I love you and pray about every single one of you. I soooo appreciate the letters and emails and prayers that are sent my way.

To start, I got TWO new companions, otra vez. My suspicion is P r e s i d e n t C r a v e n doesn't know how long I'll be here, so he has an extra missionary here just in case I peace out in August. So I'll start with  E l d e r   S e c o r.  He is our district leader and he is super legit! He is about my height but, no joke, he weighs 135. Seriously, the most flaquito guy out here. I thought I was gonna snap him like a twig when I gave him a hug. He is from Los Angeles and is very diligent and happy. I love it! He teaches sooo well but does know how to have fun. :)  E l d e r   M o l i n a  is a Hispanic that was originally called as an English-speaking missionary, but was changed since he knows Spanish. JACKPOT! Native speaker! Haha! He is from New Mexico and has a good heart. This is his last transfer and then he heads home! So we got skill and experience to back me up.

I felt a little overwhelmed at first with taking over the area, but got easy super quick. I'm talking A LOT of Spanish. I'm taking the lead in talking to all the members, investigators and less actives and Ba Da BA BA BAAAAA, I'm Lovin' it! ;) Haha, couldn't resist. Anyways, I'm learning super fast and I love being able to casually talk to my investigators in Spanish without thinking. Finally! :D Something that has really grown is my love for the members here. I have built really strong relationships with these members and don't really like thinking about leaving them. They are always super clutch!

"I would have followed you to the end, my brother, my captain, my king" -Last words of Boromir

I don't know why but I thought a lot about that quote today. Not only about how Boromir had a true change of heart or that the ring (satan) blinded him with Greed by way of justification. But I truly thought of his words... Follow. That is an invitation that the Lord has time and time again given to us. "Follow me, and I shall make you fishers of men" or "He that taketh not his cross, and FOLLOWETH after me, is not worthy of me" are just a few examples. The first thing I think of is Obedience. When we are obedient we are demonstrating, o sea, putting into action the first principle of Jesus Christ, Faith in Christ. As James E. Talmage said in Jesus the Christ, "Faith is of itself a principle of Power!". Knowing this it's only logical that the following principles in his gospel are also of power. We can come to the conclusion, therefore, that when we exercise all principles of his gospel righteously (D&C 107:30), we will be powerful IN the Lord. I mean, just look at the Stripling Warriors or Nephi or any of the prophets in the Book of Mormon. They were obedient and had faith and lived the gospel, and therefore were mighty men in the Lord. As we are obedient and truly follow our brother, captain, and king "to whatever end" as King Theoden would say, we will have an eye single to his glory. We will sanctify ourselves and in so doing, have a clear mind. :)

So I hope that wasn't confusing... It made sense in my mind. Basically, it just means I miss Lord of the Rings... A LOT! Haha!

Know that Heavenly Father loves all of us. I know that he does, because I look around me and see all the beautiful things he has made for us. I know that when we let virtue garnish our thoughts unceasingly, our confidence WILL wax strong in the presence of God. I DO NOT BELIEVE God built this world for us to suffer. He didn't just give us commandments so he could punish us when we inevitably fall. Think of a Kite. With the Kite attached to the string, it's able to go higher and higher, but if the string is cut, the Kite falls. It's the same with us and commandments. We get happier and happier when we stay firmly attached and following the commandments, but once we disobey, we fall. Easy as pie, verdad?

I'd also like to give a shout out to all the women and young women in my life! Thank you for your virtuous-ness. Our most divine attribute is our virtue. We inherit this because we are literally his children! Keep that in mind! I respect and love my mother soooo much!

So  E l d e r   S e c o r  loves to "interpret" my dreams. It's hilarious! I had my very first nightmare in years the other night and he just made it relate to the gospel somehow. It's amazing! Ha!

So we have a baptism of Erica this coming Saturday! Her family friend is doing the baptism and I'm super happy for that. It builds ties that will be there long after I'm gone. Pray for Erica that all will be well! :)

Well, I just wanna say how much I just love this gospel! I sustain Thomas S. Monson as prophet, seer, and revelator on the earth today. An Actual Prophet, you guys. How awesome. :) I know we are not alone. He knows us so very well.

"I have no gate key"
"Fezzick, Rip his arms off"
"Oh you mean this gate key"
;)

Some of my favorite families 


My favorite zone leader

Last night with my trainers

My First time parking Hispanic style!
AWWW YEAH!
This guy has driving privileges!