Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm Never Coming HOME!

Buenos Dias!!! It's a beautiful day here in Las Tunas! I absolutely love it here! Right when I got off the plane I just felt at home. And guess what everybody! GUESS WHO IS MY COMPANION!  E L D E R   E N G E B R E T S E N ! Can y'all believe it! Haha, I couldn't either, but here we are! My area is called Lopez Camelo and we live in a small pension with two other Elders (Carlson and Heil). Itty bitty living space.  E l d e r   E n g e b r e t s e n  and I are whitewashing an area together (brand new to both of us) and so we have lots of work to do! We teach AAAALLLL DAY and I love it so much! My area is in the Villa or as others would call it, the Ghetto. It's suuuper poor and dirty. I love it! So many peole to teach!

There are dogs EVERYWHERE! Stepping in poo is a daily occurence and something you just gotta accept. They are so mangy and gross, it's crazy!
E l d e r   E n g e b r e t s e n  and I got these little bikes we ride to our area and we get snapped at by dogs ALL day! Haha, I can't count the number of dogs I've already curb stomped from my bike. HA, LOVE IT!

So like I said, this area is really poor. You see the videos of the poorest places and that's basically where I'm at. They are just little broken down shacks! Ha, one of the first things  P r e s i d e n t   A y r e  told me when I got here was it wasn't a matter of if i got robbed, but when. Ha! OH YEAH! LOVE IT! Ha, we walked out of our pension yesterday and some homeless guy and two dogs were eating the food out of our trash. It's crazy guys... So awesome.

Oh, so it turns out that they don't speak spanish here! Bahahaha! Castellano is a completely different language it seems like. I'm starting at like step one. but that's okay because McFly is THE BOMB! He is seriously already fluent! He has had 2 months here already though. He is such a stud, I can't even start to explain how happy I am. Also, they don't use toilet paper here, they use a bidet. Basically just squirts water at your bum. A porcelain milagro. Very new sensation, but HEY, I LOVE IT! Oh and the plane ride wasn't too bad. I started my journey down here Wednesday at 5pm and got here Thursday at 9am. Pretty sweet! Couldn't really sleep on the plane though.

They have these things called Sanjas along the roads just full of green liquid and trash. It smells super bad! Oh and you clap outside a person's house to get their attention, it's cool. We don't eat dinner here, really. We eat a huge lunch and then just snack the rest of the night. Super weird, huh? Did I mention there are just horses that roam the city? Oh... Well horses just walk around the city. And there are legit sewer rats. Seriously. There are no traffic rules here either. You really gotta be on guard.

That's pretty much all I got for the area. I can't believe that Cade is going to Rapid City! That is so crazy! I'm so proud of him! Now that I know where he is going, it just seems so perfect for him! I love this work! This place is so perfect. I honestly never ever want to leave... Luckily I got some time. ;)  I love my Savior. He knows me so well and just what I need. I marvel that I'm with my best friend again serving here. Out of 200 missionaries, we get back together again. Wow.

Therefore, this is my giftñ apply unto it, and blessed art thou, for it shall deliver you out of the hands of your enemies... Oh remember these words, and keep my commandments. Remember, This is your gift! -D&C 8:4-5. This is such an amazing scripture. Apply what you have been given, have faith, and you will be delivered out of your enemies hands. WOW! I know that my redeemer lives!

Elder McFly and I

Beautiful Sunday morning
on our way to pick up some kids to take to church



Downtown