This week has been a good one! Siempre, no? I'm a lot more adjusted to life aca in Buenos Aires and I just love the work. Can you believe how amazing this work is? There is just absolutely nothing like it! Jesus Christ is everything to me! I love him more than words can express and I know that whenever I fall down and stumble, He is there to lift me up. When I feel a bit discouraged, I know whom I can trust. I trust him soooo much!
Anywho, This city is hilarious and I just experience new things every day. This last week, E l d e r E n g e b r e t s e n and I had just finished our last lesson with a familia from the ward, and we were gonna head home to the pension for the night. As we were walking out, one of the members said, "Elderes, Cuidado, Hay Chorros por alli" (Careful Elders, there are gangsters right there). I didn't really think much of it; I mean there are sketchy people everywhere here at night. So we took off and rode onto the road, and after we passed them, I felt something hit my back and fall and break! HAHA! One of them threw their beer bottle at me. Bless their heart. Love them so much... So that was pretty cool!
So we started teaching this man named Felix this last week and boy has it been an eye opener for me... He has had a pretty rough life with addictions and his wife dying about 5 months ago leaving him with 3 daughters. He said at the beginning, that normally he never would have talked with missionaries, but he felt like now was the time to Change. We had a particularly strong lesson with him where we taught him about the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ. We had him say the closing prayer as always, but after one of the most sincere, heart-felt prayers I've ever heard, he grabbed both of our hands and sat in silence. After a few moments, tears started to come down his face and he broke down crying. It didn't take us long to join him. How amazing is the atonement! IT is INFINITE! The spirit was so strong and he is working towards getting baptized.
Something E l d e r E n g e b r e t s e n helped me realize is this: In life, we can say that the Gospel is like a Giant Cake. There is no way that we can eat a cake all at one time, right? Just gotta take it one bite at a time. Faith. Repentance. Baptism. Reading. Praying. Going to Church. Keeping commandments. All bites of the best cake EEEEEVVVERRR! If the gospel were a cake it would definitely be tres leches. jajaja!
Oh and we had a GREAT Domingo ayer. Normally we would get a church attendance of 90 people or so every week, but we had 185 people at church yesterday! FUA!!! So amazing and the spirit was so darn strong! Love the Gospel. Love it!
Oh, and in place of dang it, or wow, or holy cow, people here say "FUA!!!" Hahaha. So funny and I love saying it too. They also love the Simpsons, Coca Cola and Bread. HA! OH MY GOSH, The food here is pretty wild. The meat is pretty good here. No let downs there, but what I just love is the Hot Chocolate and Dulce de Leche! Seriously, the best thing they have here. So bomb. I'm getting so fat it's crazy! No joke!
Anyways, I'm just loving it here! I never ever ever ever ever want to leave this place. I'm growing so much and trying so hard to grow. I know that Heavenly Father loves us just the way we are. We are his sons and daughters! NEVER FORGET IT! FUA! So amazing to be his son and work my hardest for Him. :) And remember to sing your hardest when you sing my favorite hymn... I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!!! Click MUSIC to play
Love you guys soooo much! Love loves loves...