During the week, I did divisions with my district again. I went off with Elder Solis in his area and it was pretty special. That night we went to teach an investigator and it just so happens that an Area Seventy lives in his ward! So he came and accompanied us. It was... AWESOME! Teaching with one of the Seventy was humbling and empowering. The way he talked to them was so calm and almost quiet. I felt so much love in his voice. And at every turn he would turn to a scripture in the Bible. All about Jesus Christ or what he said directly. So many things hit me. It was as if he was talking to me in the lesson. That night I set goals for myself and hope that I grow to be like him. Elder Avila I believe is his name. ;) He was a mission president if that helps...
On Friday, I went to downtown Buenos Aires and got my visa documents all figured out. I'm LEGAL! YES! Now I won't be paranoid whenever I walk by the police. Haha! It was fun and the Lord was really looking out for us that day with all the processing.
Isaias is still doing good. We are preparing his baptismal service for this Sunday! And his whole family is planning on coming! And we met his sister Ana yesterday and she decided she wants to get baptized too! February 9th! Day before my birthday! We also found another lady, Maria, through a bunch of miracles. We contacted this girl on the road because she knew the member that was accompanying us. She wasn't very open, but we got her address out of her. When we showed up later we found out her whole family was baptized in Paraguay! And they referred us to a family member, Maria. It's awesome, this work.
Speaking of awesomeness. The best story of all this week! So remember when I told y'all about a couple we married? Well the lady is a recent convert, but her husband no. And he didn't want anything to do with us. When we tried to talk, he just gave us the cold shoulder! And then out of nowhere, he showed up at church 2 weeks ago with Sara. He still didn't let us contact him, but then he showed up again yesterday at church. Finally, we set up a time and passed by last night. We decided to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and as soon as we started with Faith, he said he struggled with it. Sara was perfect in sharing her testimony and the Spirit was incredibly strong. He just wanted to find peace and strength for his new family. Then out of nowhere, Sara said she wanted a priesthood blessing! WHAT!? And he said he did! So I did the anointing and my companion the prayer. And it. was. Powerful! Afterwards it was just complete silence. The Spirit was working on him like I'd never seen it before. We asked how he felt and he said much better... More silence. I looked at my companion and he said, "Edgar, will you be baptized this Sunday?" More silence. The spirit was so powerful. I'd never felt it so strongly, seriously. And after a little bit, he looked up and said, "Si". Sara, my companion, and I all burst into tears! It was so amazing. And then he started to cry. A room full of people crying. I just know he will be a powerful leader and priesthood leader in the Church. I'm soooo happy for that experience. I love this work. I know the Savior lives. I know that he knows each of us personally and what we need. Afterwards we just walked for like 15 minutes just taking it in. It didn't seem real!
"Wonderful to me!"
"We'll sing and we'll shout!"
Loves!
Victor Portillo's Birthday Party
![]() |
| Elder Juan Carlos Avila & Sister Deborah Avila Ordanined as an Area Seventy, April 4, 2009 Argentina Mendoza Mission President, 2005-2008 |


