Monday, February 17, 2014

Livin' the DREAM!

So this week has been full of miracles and blessings! And hello to all! It is still nice and humid here in Buenos Aires! Livin' the Dream! My companion and I have been doing all that we could to be a bit more consecrated this week and I feel like it has definitely paid off! So I wanna start off with a great experience!

Remember the family Patino that we have been working with? Well I was super worried about them this week. I was just so stressed about the mother and whether she could make up her mind. We decided to fast together on Thursday and I felt really good afterwards. Then later on Saturday, I was in my studies reading in Doctrine and Covenants 29: 6-7 and it says, "6. And, as it is written--Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive. 7. And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts." These scriptures just hit me so hard. I couldn't stop reading them over and over. I looked through the footnotes and found examples of the Apostles of Jesus in the Americas praying powerfully in power UNITED and also of Joseph Smith and other Elders praying in UNITY. I felt such a strong prompting to share this with my companion right then and ask if we could pray together. I felt so strongly that if we just BELIEVED that the family could get baptized, the Lord would hear our cries. So we prayed together and that day was great!

That evening we taught the Plan of Salvation again and the Spirit was incredibly strong! We invited Blanca to be baptized on the 23 and she said that she would tell us on Sunday her answer. So they went to church and we passed by that evening. She told us of how during the sacrament meeting there was a voice in her head saying, "What am I doing here, I'm just uncomfortable" but then she just forgot about it and enjoyed the mission. I testified that that was Satan throwing every last thing he's got to stop her from reaching the waters of baptism. I told them how great a fear satan had of them being united through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and one day being sealed eternally in the temple. As we closed, we invited them once again to be baptized, and... They said yes!!! Guido, Lucas, and Diana will be baptized on Sunday and Blanca on the 2nd of March. We will see if we can get her this Sunday as well.

I now have such a burning testimony of prayer and fasting (Alma 6:6). I know that this Church is true, and also that satan is real. He is trembling at every turn when we, God's children, choose the right. He wants us... but as Gollum says, "We mustn't let him have it". Haha!

It has been a good week. It's been fun being the district leader of all sister missionaries. It's always something new. My companion is trying to learn English so that has been fun teaching him some slang. The ward is still amazing and will randomly give us donuts as we pass by their houses and stuff like that. I just love them! Pray for the Patino family. Satan always comes back.

I know that my redeemer lives. He loves us and wants to help us. It all depends on us. We are here taking the greatest test of all and Heavenly Father has given us the cheat sheet. It's the Savior's Gospel! I love all y'all!

Loves!

Birthday Cake with a member family


I'm King of the Lollipop Guild here!
Shepherd of the Hobbits!


More... Cake...


I live on the 4th floor of this building  :)





-34.636199, -58.391477