Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Fathers Day! :)

Click on Blue Links
So just saying, I have been blessed. Wanted to give a good shout out to all Daddies out there. I know that my Heavenly Father blessed me with Goodly Parents. Go Dads!

It has been a pretty wild ride this week. So let's get going...

We had a zone conference with another zone, the Assistants, and President Ayre. It was super sweet. It was a really inspired capacitación and I felt really strongly on some ideas that I need to apply. President shared a story about how he was in college and studied bungee jumping for 3 days and then after learning everything from the bungee jumping business, well... he JUMPED! He showed us the video and everything. He likened that to us here in the mission and in life. We need to study and be diligent in preparation, but then we have to JUMP! There is no point in just doing the first part. I have been trying to apply that in my week and life now. Analyze and observe things, plan things out, and Jump! Just Do It! Haha.

So right after that, we went on divisions with the Assistants to the President. That was a first. Haha. I went with  E l d e r  V a l e r d i  who is brand spankin new, to his area in San Fernando. It was good and I learned a lot from him. And we were in a car the whole day going from appointment to appointment. They got it good. haha. Poor  E l d e r  V i d a l  was left in my area with little to no knowledge on what bus to take and where to go (he only has like 2 weeks in our big area), but they had success as well.

On Sunday, we had a Stake Conference, And Elder Viñas from the Quorum of the Seventy came to talk to us. He talked a lot about families and the importance of the Sacrament. I really liked it. That if we don't participate, we are more... shoot... what is the word in English... haha... more vulnerable, there we go! More vulnerable to the temptations of sin. I really liked it. The Holy Ghost is a super power! It helps us. We should look to the sacrament as a sacred, saving opportunity for us. :)

And Luciana! She is getting married this week on the 19th of June! OH YEAH! They are so amazing, I love seeing them and she and her future husband are making strides! She will be baptized on the 21st, this Saturday. It was a bit of a bummer that her little sister, Pepo, wasn't able to make it to church, but we met up with her again after and she is stoked for her baptism on the 29th of this month! Nice. We have been meeting lots of people and there is a lot of potential. We brought a family to church, a mom, and her 5 kids (her boyfriend works Sundays), so that was cool. We will see if we can't get them married too and baptize the kids while we wait... haha. We will see. It has been fun though. I was a bit bummed with Fede. He has come to church twice, but he just doesn't have that desire... Pray that he will feel it and take the initiative to be baptized by WATER AND FIRE! Muahahaha!

Other than that, it has been a chill week. My comp is doing well. OH! Today he had to renew his Chilean stuff, so we are here in Retiro still. I was able to enjoy big buildings again. I didn't realize how much I missed it till i got here. So we took advantage of the day and bought some Argentina and other jerseys. So yeah, really good day. When we get done here, we will hop on the train for an hour and 15 to Jose C. Paz to work again! A TRABAJAR! OH!

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about the WORLD CUP! It is so crazy here. All day yesterday, people were putting all their bells and horns and whistles to full blast. And they weren't even playing yet! Haha! And when the game started? Silence... Pure silence... haha! But we knew when Argentina made goals because the whole neighborhood would blow up. Like seriously, screaming and everyone throwing fireworks and stuff. It's as if we won the whole thing or something. But it was tons of fun. I was singing Ayyyy Vamos Argentina! All day yesterday. Haha. Now let's see if USA can't sneak a win today versus Ghana. Haha. Doubt it. :)

Livin´ The Dream!

Our Area
It's waaaay bigger than it looks.
Okay, for an area in our mission. :)

H a n k i n s   y   V i d a l
foto con Chuchula 2
compliments of Belen

E l d e r s  V i d a l   y   H a n k i n s
compliments of Luciana



Linea San Martin
Retiro to Jose C. Paz