Monday, August 18, 2014

Enos 1:1-6

Herrrrro! It's super awesome outside. Argentina is about as weird as Idaho. One week it will be like Antarctica and the next it's like springtime. I don't get it. But I like the heat! Livin' the Dream!

One of the coolest things that happened during the week was Alex. We were on our way to check out a part of our area that we don't visit very much. As we walked, we saw a member that I hadn't talked to since I was with Elder Espinoza! Anyways, we walked over and started talking to them. Turns out Victor (the less active member) has a son of 10 years old (Alex) that isn't baptized and wants to really bad! So we started visiting him. Victor is seriously the coolest! He used to be kinda a "street alley cat" and so all the neighborhood has lots of respect for him and now us. Haha! he said "if anybody tries to rob you tell them you are with 'Bichito' ." hahaha! And he always insists that he takes us in his car to our next appointment. He even took us home from church that was in San Miguel in his car.

So church was in San Miguel this week because they had to name a new stake president! It was someone a lot of people didn't expect, but I think it was a perfect fit: President Coco. Haha. He was on the high council and our branch was assigned to him, so he came and even taught Elders Quorum. He is really humble and I still remember the spirit I felt when he taught that class. We talked afterwards about missions and everything, so I approve 100% on him leading the Sarmiento Stake. Such a stud.

As for the title of the email... I don't know. I feel like this story is something that you may have to actually live to understand. Actually, have a wrestle with God to appreciate the atonement. I know now that the best thing to do when you feel like prayer isn't working is pray even harder! The heart has to be broken and the spirit contrite, but it is worth it.

Next week is transfers and I am guessing I will be heading out. But just so y'all know I will be writing on Tuesday, not Monday. Thanks for the support and love! Oh and Laura STILL hasn't had her baby yet, which means she probably won't be baptized until next transfer. Oh well, I'm just happy she will do it eventually!

"El arrepentimiento y el vivir rectamente permiten que tengamos paz de conciencia, que es crucial para estar contentos" - Quentin L. Cook


Elders Hankins, Nurena & Espinoza