So it has been a week just full of work, work, and a little more work with a side of work.... Dashed with a sprinkle of work. The Spirit of the Lord has definitely taken over this area. We are really doing all that we can to get this ward back up and running. So to tell a little bit more about the area.... When I got here in the mission, we were taken in a tour bus to see the sights. I never knew that those big sights would be my last area! Haha, we have 9 de Julio in our area and I can see the Obelisco a few blocks down the street everyday! Talk about blessings! It's so amazing to have this opportunity. It's funny because we will be walkin' and you can spot a yankee a mile away. Blonde, tan shorts, tall Nike black socks, and blue eyes. Almost every time. Haha. I usually don't talk to them, but it's cool that my area is where people pay so much to come and see.
Anyways, my son, Elder Bustos, is good. We are learning a lot from each other and enjoying the free time we have. ;) I don't sing at all like him, but we sing together alllll the time. He has a black soul singer voice that is incredible! So we sing all day on the streets and try to make sure people hear us. Gotta be as happy as the message we carry, right? (thanks E' Gines)
So yeah, we have a few investigators that are doing really well. There is a girl named Zoe that is going to be baptized this next Sunday and she is super awesome. She says she wants to serve a mission! And thanks to her persistence and changes, her mom decided to listen and wants to be baptized on the 18th! The sister of Zoe is also preparing herself to be baptized on the 18th. It has been a great experience for us. We have a few other investigators like Robertson. We met him this last week. He is from Haiti and only has 4 months here in Buenos Aires. He has a hard time speaking Spanish, but he came to church on Sunday. If all goes well with his work, he can be baptized the 18th as well! There are a few more, but if they become more fijo I'll write yáll about them next week.
Other than that, we are just trying to get to know our area since we are both basically new to this place. But the Lord is blessing us immensely. I had a cool experience with fasting on Saturday. We started fasting after lunch on Saturday, but we knew it would be hard because it was HAWT and HUMID! There were so many times I wanted to justify drinking a little bit of water to keep me going, but then I heard in my head, "How do you expect your investigator to stop drinking if you can't do it first". Huge humility moment and one of my favorite fasting moments in the mission.
I guess I'll just close with a really wise quote from our friendly neighborhood Spider-man...
"We always have a choice".



