Tuesday, December 30, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well... There will be lots of new things to explore this new year. I got transferred! I am now here in San Cristobal 2 and... I´m a daddy again! I´m going to finish my last 6 weeks training Elder Bustos from Viña del Mar, Chile! He is a stud and I can´t wait to get started teaching him all that I know. That means I´m not a Zone Leader anymore, just livin´ the dream as a Senior Comp. SWEET! As for the area, it's all super big buildings and cars and people walking fast like you imagine big cities to be like. It's absolutely nothing that I´m used to, but I´m really looking forward to getting to know my area better and working hard. Oh, and did I mention that Elder Bustos is a KILLER singer? He sings way too good. AND he can speak English really well! NICE!

This last week was just great! On Christmas, we were able to go to the Chacon family's house for dinner and we had asado. So delicious. Elder Costa taught me a little bit of the Samba and we all just had a blast! I was just trying to soak in my last Christmas here in Argentina. The next day I was able to talk to the Fam Bam and that was pretty crazy as well. Everybody jam-packed into a room just having a ball. Oh, and the day before Christmas we also had a Christmas party as a mission and it was so much fun! We just had the time of our lives and Elder Smith was there to chill with me.

Saying goodbye to the Soldati ward was tough for me. So many good-hearted people that helped us so so much in the work of salvation. It wasn´t always rainbows and dandelions, but they made it all worth it along with those that decided to take the step of baptism. Luisa was really hard to say goodbye to. She has been such an amazing person and her change of heart and way of thinking has been incredible. She promised that the 7th of September she is going to enter the temple to receive her endowments and she wants me to be there for it. I certainly hope I can pull some strings to be there for it. What a special decision and what a beautiful gift.

This is the Lord's Church. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that I was called by a Prophet of our God to come to Buenos Aires Norte on a mission and preach to all that would hear. Come what may, there is Always an amazing spirit. And I will never forget that. This is the truth.

Anyways, Love all y´all! See ya next week!

Livin´ the DREAM!

Feliz Navidad!
My Son, Elder Gines!
Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes or Frosties
"Zucaritas" in Argentine Spanish translates as "Sugaries"
Tony the Tiger: "They're Gr-r-reat!"

Christmas Eve with the Mission
Elder Bustos