Monday, November 18, 2013

BUEN DIAAA!

It’s so obvious the truthfulness of this Gospel, isn’t it? I seriously love this job. I can’t say that any of this was an accident. Everything has purpose, even me. I’m just in thankful mode right now. This week was pretty awesome.

So as some of you may have already heard, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland came to Buenos Aires this last weekend and talked to all 3 Buenos Aires missions and the MTC here. It was such an inspired and spirit filled meeting! Seriously. He said soooo much! But what he brought with him meant a ton more! Something that he talked about was slavery. And how there are basically two ways for someone to escape captivity: Try to escape on your own or have someone buy you and be your savior. I’m sure you can already make the connection. We are captives to the enemy of God. Satan. But we CANNOT try and escape on our own. It is illogical, and ends in disaster every time. The greatest part is this, WE HAVE BEEN BOUGHT! We are saved! And that is why I am here. To let others know of this truth and be freed from Sadness and Despair. I love my Savior; it’s crazy to think that the tears that I shed here on the mission and before were shed by Him in the Garden of Gethsemane. The same tears. Wow. He also said something that was pretty fuerte... He said, “If you have an OUNCE of INTEGRITY, you will have true conversion”, or something like that. It just stuck in my head. I had to look at where my spiritual integrity was. Love it. Also Hermana Holland talked and something I looved was “Always ask God and ALWAYS keep your eye on him”. Him first, me later.

This last week  E l d e r  B y w a t e r  and I ate cow stomach. It’s called Mundungo I believe, and it’s the nastiest stuff I’ve eaten on the mish. It was terrible. I didn’t even finish it. But she understood. Haha, stinking yankees.

Also, we just had a great week and people came to church. I’m just super grateful for that. And remember Sebastian? Well, we started working with him again and tomorrow we are going to get on the internet together and fill out the marriage forms. His plan: Marriage on Friday, Baptism on Saturday and Confrimation on Sunday. YEEEESSSS! So grateful that Heavenly Father has kept me here in Lugano to help at least this one soul. We also have been working with 3 youth: Eduardo, Gerardo and Tobias. All have baptism dates for the first of December. I’m super stoked!

Silly story, last night we had a member, Ariel (9 years old, sebas son), with us to meet one of our investigators and this crazy fight broke out right next to us. All these drunk guys were throwing punches and breaking bottles and throwing stones and we just booked it out of there and went to his house where we had a spiritual lesson with Sebastian. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Love it!

The Church is true! I stinkin’ Love it!

“How far to the nearest crossing?”
“Brandywine bridge. 20 miles!”

Loves,

Click on image to enlarge

Conference with 
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland 
and
841 Missionaries
from 
all 3 Buenos Aires Missions & the MTC


Elder Holland

Elder & Sister Holland

The Villas Zone!

E l d e r s    E n g e b r e t s e n,   H a n k i n s   &   C h r i s s
MTC District back together again!

"Hey, we're in the Villa"
Meaning  "Ghetto"
Pronounced  "V-ee-sh-a"