Monday, December 30, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Hello, Hello! IT’S HOT! Never felt this kind of heat in my life! So here is the thing... We have been without power for about a total of 4 days this week... So we don’t have anything to keep drinks cold or fans. So that has been an interesting experience! Waking up in a pool of sweat in your bed was definitely something new. HA! And the Argentine people don’t really like it either. There has been lots of riots and fires in the streets and stuff. There was a fire in the streets on the way here to the cyber cafe! HAHA! Argentina....

So Christmas is nothing like back home. It’s hot, nothing really reminds you of Christmas, most families don’t do the presents things, and everyone eats a big meal like Thanksgiving. And then... at 12 at night war starts. Fireworks galore! It woke me up and so I went up to the roof and it was just a wall of airborne fireworks bursting in all directions. It was amazing. A once in a lifetime moment that I’ll never forget! But on Christmas day I was able to go to my ward mission leader’s house and talk to my family! It was basically the best thing. See all the brothers and parents and grandparents. Overjoyed.

And did I mention that it’s almost 2014!!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! This is basically my last year. In the beginning of 2015 I go home! It’s going by waaaay too fast! I’m sure the same thing that happened on Christmas will happen on New Years. TOOOONNNS of fireworks. Seriously the best experiences of my life. In the span of this year, I went through the temple, Started my mission, Lived in Provo, Greensboro, North Carolina, and Buenos Aires, Argentina. I’ve been yelled at, spat at, other stuff, and been attacked by dogs. I’ve eaten iguana, cow stomach lining and cow cheek, and trash fish. I’ve walked all day, knocked hundreds of doors, made friends with drunk guys and gangsters, learned SPANISH, Seen crazy stuff... but.... I’ve also seen lives change. I’ve helped the sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, my brothers and sisters, find the true and everlasting Gospel. I’ve helped and invited many to the waters of baptism. I’ve. Fallen. In. Love. With. This. People.

Speaking of baptism, we had one this last Saturday! His name is Angel Alcaraz. It is such an amazing story. When I was with E l d e r  S t o c k i n g we found this less active family and started teaching them. They started coming back to church consistently and now one of the sons of the family is planning on serving a mission! That alone is enough, but there is more. One of the other kids just turned 9 and that means we could get involved. Angel means so much to me, and so does this family. I will always love them and hope that I can go through the temple with them someday. I just know that the Master is in this work. I know that he had me here in Lugano to help this family. An entire family has returned to the gospel... My heart is full. My companion just has one week in the mission so we had him baptize Angel. It was great! I love it!

And yesterday my companion and I and a few other Elders went to the mission home to eat lunch. We had COOKIE DOUGH and PULLED PORK Sandwiches!!!!!!! WOOWWWW!!!! I was just soaking it in. Love it!

I love and cherish my mission. I love my family. I know that we will live in heaven for the eternities. I love my Savior. The Master. I can’t do anything without Him.

“I would have followed you, my brother, my captain, my king.” –Boromir

Loves!  Happy New Years!

The Baptism!!!

Christmas Eve Lunch at the Misson Home

Christmas Dinner!  Hamburgers! 


Christmas Fireworks

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Argentina Heat Wave
Power Outage & Protests
News Stories

Citizens are protesting in the streets and setting up roadblocks