Monday, December 9, 2013

Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!

Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!

Hellooooo! I´m doing really well! It is suuuuper hot down here in Buenos Aires. I about died yesterday walking around in what felt like a giant cloud of heat. I was sweating so bad, my arms were slick. Haha. So here's the weekly review. ;)

We were working pretty hard with preparing who we had for baptism. Making sure they were living the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom and all that jazz. One experience in particular that we had was with Nicole and Angie. We were talking about the Word of Wisdom and what things we needed to abstain from. When we said tea, they had a big deer in the headlights look on their faces. They said, "Wait, we can´t drink black tea?" and we said no. And then Angie looked to Nicole and said, "Bueno. We will just have to throw it all out tonight, Deal?" "Deal," Nicole said. How awesome! They were so prepared! On Sunday, we had their baptism. I baptized Nicole and my companion baptized Angie. It was an amazing baptism. All the members stepped up and we could feel the spirit. I seriously love the Pacheco family. AND! Their dad came to sacrament meeting and the baptism and asked firstly how much a Book of Mormon cost and after if he could get baptized too! HAHAHA! Gotta get him married, but we are working with him now too.

Gerardo and Eduardo just fell through our hands this week. They just aren't progressing, but their grandma is! It´s crazy, Victoria came from Peru just a week ago and now has a baptismal date for this Sunday! I keep telling her that Heavenly Father loves her so much he had us waiting for her teaching her grandchildren when she arrived. She always says she is so happy; she already has friends here. What a sweet lady. Pray that she will be able to progress to her baptism this weekend. :)

Seba is still doing amazing. We had our little party with him last Monday and we went and bought him a suit! (our ward mission leader that is). Afterwards, we ate at Burger King. Seriously the best thing for me because I miss American burgers. Haha. He was so grateful and I learned more of what it meant to be consecrated. I feel so much more for his family. We pass by like every day. If I leave next week for transfers it's gonna be a really tough moment. Which reminds me, next week I will be writing on Tuesday because of transfers.

I can´t believe the changes a mission makes. Just today, I´ve been seeing the change in so many close ones of mine through their emails. It blesses not only the people here in Lugano, but in Nampa Idaho as well. I love the Lord!

"HASTY!? Our friends are out there! They Need. Our. Help!
Please, they cannot fight this war on their own!" -Pippin

I kinda like to put "our brothers and sisters" in for "friends" in that quote. ;)

Loves!

Baptism!
Angie and Nicole

Angie, Nicole & their Dad

Yes!

Afterwards

We made chocolate chip cookies
with Pacheco family 
(Angie & her Dad)

Seba trying on the Suit

Our Ward Mission Leader
Hermano Rodriguez

Burger King and Seba

Seba's son wants to be a missionary
so bad he dressed up just like us 
and asked to go and teach with us. 
Hahaha! Cutest Thing EVER!

Victoria
Gerardo & Eduardo's grandma

At a members house for lunch

Our area

Our area as well. Big difference. Ha.

No Comment