Livin’ the dream here in Buenos Aires. I’m so thankful to be here. I even got some packages from home with some sweet letters and cd’s and stuff like that. THANK YOU! I can also feel many prayers sent my way and for those I’m teaching. So again, THANK YOU! So for the week...
This week was full of meetings and running all over the place! On Thursday, we got a surprise from President! He invited our zone and one other to go and listen to David F. Evans of the Quorum of the Seventy. It’s funny because he came and talked to us back in the day when I was in North Carolina! Haha! It was very moving and I learned a ton! He talked a lot about repentance and how we can teach it better. I definitely feel like I can be more bold when I teach about this topic. And then he said that President Packer always says that you get what you go for. If I go for family baptisms, that’s what I’ll get. Takes diligence and humility, but it’s possible. I learned a ton, but that really stuck out to me. Then we had interviews with President Ayre and that was really awesome. I love having some one-on-one time with a really inspired guy that is really like my Dad here in Buenos Aires. It was super pleasant.
Mercedes got baptized and Guido’s family got confirmed! What an awesome tender mercy! She just made a complete 360 and was so stoked for her baptism. And her cousin, Vanessa, who didn’t want to make the commitment was at the baptism and saw how much joy there was and she felt the Spirit super strong. She decided right there that she wanted to get baptized this upcoming Sunday! And guess who she wants to baptize her? GUIDO! He will have his priesthood interview tomorrow and baptize her this next Sunday! WOOO! So incredible! I love it! We have some other investigators that are so close to baptism, but just need a little more. Vanessa’s Mom should get baptized on the 15th and the same for a guy named Cristian. I know they have incredible hearts and won’t give up on them!
Oh, and yesterday, we ate Asado at the Patiño family’s house again because it was Baby Dannie’s birthday yesterday! Blanca said she had to invite her "2 oldest sons too". hahaha! We love her. We asked her if she would adopt us. Haha! She loved the idea.
Next week is transfers. So I will be writing on Tuesday, not Monday! My guess is that E l d e r R i s c o will be flying the coup. He has been a good companion and I’ve learned a lot from him. But we will see what happens. Ha!
Más Allá! MAS ALLA!
Loves!
| Mercedes' Baptism |
| Viva Boca y Los Wachiturros Boca is one of the most successful soccer teams in Argentina Los Wachiturros is an Argentine slum cumbia music group |