Tuesday, March 11, 2014

GOOD DAYS!

Helloooo! What is good!? Haha, I am really happy to be here in Buenos Aires doing the Lord’s work. Our Heavenly Father knows us so well. Sometimes, we just gotta take President Uchtdorf’s advice and slow down a little. We are sons and daughters of GOD! Look at all these things he has created for us. It’s all so beautiful and incredible. That’s all I gotta say about that.

This week, we had some interesting moments, but there is one that stood out to me. So on Saturday, we went and picked up a member that was gonna accompany us for the day and we headed out to our little part of the Lord’s Vineyard. As we walked, we saw this old man laying down on the side of the road. As we got closer, it was apparent he had fallen and couldn’t get up (not just some old, homeless guy getting some rays). As we got to him, we also took notice that he was bleeding quite a bit! We asked him where he lived and helped him to his house. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and with the heat and his age, it’s no wonder he was in this situation. We had to help him up a couple flights of stairs and almost carried him to his bed! I realized after, that we had actually made an error in plans. We should have taken a bus after picking up the member. But Heavenly Father allowed us to forget about the appointment we had. Why? Because God loves ALL OF HIS CHILDREN. It pains Him so much to see His son make poor decisions in his life, but He. loves. him. And He sent us to help this man get out of this bad situation. My testimony grew so much of how much God loves us. ALL of us. He is mindful of all of us, despite our imperfections and weaknesses.

We were able to have the baptism of Vanessa Fernandez! WAHOO! The spirit really worked within her this last week leading up to her baptism and it was a really special experience. All the youth were there to support her and she asked the Bishop to baptize her. It was incredible to see her go under and come up anew. And to see the love of God... It’s incredible. And also, during my time as a missionary, I never confirmed someone a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Usually someone from the Bishopric does it. But the Bishop is starting to have us do it too, so I got to confirm Mercedes a member and confer upon her the Gift of the Holy Ghost! That was super awesome! Hahaha! This week was just full of eye-openers and realizations.

Oh hey, I almost forgot. Transfers have come and my little Peruvian friend, Risco, has left! I got another yankee companion - E l d e r  P a t e y  from Provo, Utah. Surprise, surprise. Hahaha! I actually met him a few transfers back, so we already were friends. Should be a fun transfer full of enriching, spiritual experiences! I’m bummed I can’t learn Spanish a ton like before, but the Lord is in it.

I know that we are God’s children. We are loved so much. Always look up. He is there, and He is your Father. Loves!

“Had one, yes. What about second breakfast?” -Pippin

Loves

Livin' the Dream!

Vanessa Fernandez's Baptism


The Gang One Year After
MTC Roommates