Monday, September 15, 2014

I ain't quittin you!

Helloooooooo! This week has been an incredible one! I cannot believe some of the things that happen to a person on the mission. There are so many unplanned surprises and MIRACLES! So let's start from the beginning to end!

Firstly, we have been working a ton with the members this week. We have been planning a ton and have so many people to accompany us that we went on splits with the members a few times this week. It was so awesome to be able to do twice the amount of work in one day. That was getting us super pumped.

We have this super sweet old lady that is a convert of Elder Peterson. She has been hurting for a while and needs an operation done. We were feeling super bad for her and praying for a way to help. Turns out the thing that is holding her back from having the operation was not having sufficient blood donors. So... It's clear what we had to do! Let's go to the gross hospital to donate blood! Hahah! We got there and prepared ourselves to donate blood. As we walked the halls, I saw dogs laying on the left and the right. There were spider webs and I swear I saw some blood stains as I made my way to the blood donating place. But anyways, they cleaned me up like I did the thanksgiving turkey and jabbed a needle into me that was just laying there. So... I totally made that all up. It was a totally normal, clean hospital. But it was all too bad. Two Elders that came with us to donate FAINTED when they got their fingers pricked for the testing. hahaha! My plan was to not look and talk about my country. It worked. Haha. I hardly noticed. I felt so awesome to be able to help Elsa. She is such a sweet lady and now has all the blood she needs.

We also had a project called Helping Hands here again. About 3 or 4 zones went to a hospital (Hospital Oftalmológico DR. Pedro Lagleyze) to sand and paint the walls inside and out. It was super fun for me seeing all the Elders again! I remember a year ago we did this when I was with Elder Smith as a junior comp. How the time flies!

That same day we were planning on the baptism of Marion Francou. She was the one that fell through last week on Sunday. It's a crazy story so strap on your seat belts. We went after lunch to look for her as our priority. She wasn't answering the door or her phone. Then the idea to call a number she had sent us a message on a few days earlier came to my mind. She answered! We set up a time to go by, but when we got there she was less than stoked for her baptism. We got her excited for it and she was pumped and went to get herself and her baby ready. We went off letting all the members know and inviting them to the baptism. As we were in a recent convert's house, we got a message from her saying she didn't feel good and couldn't do it. At that moment, I said a prayer asking for the gift of discernment. I wasn't sure what she needed, but I knew God knew. At that moment, I felt so illuminated. As my companion and I made our way back to her house, we felt like we were honestly in a trio. We felt like someone was with us. We realized that it wasn't that she didn't want to be baptized, but that despair had taken hold of her. Losing hope is the worst feeling in the world. And even when an escape route is offered, aka baptism and the gospel, it seems pointless to even try. As we arrived at her door, the whole world slowed down. She came out and we talked. It was a REAL TALK. A real life talk that I will never forget because it wasn't me nor Elder Peterson talking. It was the Spirit. SHE decided at that moment she needed to act and be baptized. The baptism was the most spiritual I have ever been to. A member baptized her. As she came up to us, she just thanked us for helping her get out of her house. She said she couldn't get rid of the smile on her face. Throughout the whole conversation, I realized we were almost whispering. I thought of the temple and how we should always strive to feel like we do when we are in the celestial room. And that's how it was. I love my Father in Heaven! THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!

And if that isn't enough.... So on Sunday morning all was going as planned. Peterson just got done showering, so I grabbed my towel and hopped into the shower (I found axe shower gel here... I was so happy!). As I lathered, rinsed, and repeated, I heard shouts and things falling. My first thought was, Ah well... Elder Peterson is probably getting rid of all his extra energy in break out dance and song like he always does, no biggy. But then he opens the door and yells I KILLED A RAT WITH A BROOM ELDER! hahahaha! Turns out, he was going to grab his underwear from the drawer and a rat was taking a nap right on top of his underwear! Haha, they got their brooms and other deadly objects to a rat ready, and attacked! Elder Peterson got a good one-two in there and killed the curse! It left a ton of little presents in his drawer. Haha! HOWEVER, it isn't Chuck Norris. Still isn't big enough. But needless to say, we are moving out of our apartment today and moving in with 2 other Elders from our ward. Elders Thurgood and Gomez. They are totally awesome, so I am pumped!

And I know it's long, but a funny thing in church... Other Elders were talking to a member and I leaned over and whispered something to repeat to them in English. Then he turned to them and said, "Why should I welcome you, Gandalf the Grey". hahaha. I almost peed laughing.

Anyways, it was an inconceivable week. Just livin the dream!

Loves!

Un hombre no envejece cuando se le arruga la piel sino cuando se le arrugan los sueños

 

Marion








I almost died! ;)



Vos tenes lo que se necesita
para salvar una vida










Mormon Helping Hands