Monday, September 1, 2014

Livin the SUEÑO!!!!


So this week has been pretty awesome. Like. I Love it here and what is happening! Firstly, my companion is pretty awesome. We help each other stay focused, but we also have a ton of fun. We quote Disney and Muppet movies and say Livin´ the Dream to everything. It's the best. Or the "bees knees" as he says. We are having a ton of fun.

So the apartment we live in is kinda like... the worst. Haha, we have a RAT problem! Haha, and there is a mold issue as well. So that has been pretty cool. We actually went house shopping on Saturday morning and found a cheap new place that we could live in, so we will see if it gets approved and we can get out. Meanwhile we stay. I live with 2 other Elders and they are super awesome too. We always have fun, but we stay focused.

This week was full of miracles and a TON of hard work. We had a couple that was gonna get married and get baptized, but the marriage fell through and so that's a bummer. But we had a possibility named Luisa. She was for sure, but we worked as hard as we could to make the environment in her home a good place for the Spirit and she felt it. She prayed and that night she couldn´t sleep until 3 in the morning thinking about the Church and her baptism. She told us she wanted to get baptized! YES! She was baptized yesterday by my companion (stud) and it was so spiritual! The ward is a champ! Haha, we had a lot of support. And all week the members were willing to go out with us. So awesome. We had 201 people in church, which I wasn´t used to. Haha, but it's the best.

Also, we went into the area book and decided to visit an ancient investigator named Marión. We passed by and she had such a change! She just was super elect. She said she wanted to come back and BE BAPTIZED! So she will be getting baptized this upcoming Sunday! So we are way pumped for that! We still need to keep our head on straight though and find lots more people that WANT to progress and come to church. That's the toughest things sometimes in the Villa. Lots of people listen during the week, but when Game Day Sunday comes, people fall.

Elder Peterson just told me a quote that I love: "Giving up hope is giving in to despair." It's super true. There was a quote from North Carolina that always gets me excited... "If not us, then WHO? If not now, then WHEN!" I want to make a difference. There was a song we listened to today that said that we need more desire. We don´t want a flame but a FIRE! This is the true church of Jesus Christ. This is His organization. The Book of Mormon is my rock and my song.

"I look fat, but I feel great!" -Elder Peterson

Oh, and just so happened that yesterday I passed by the church building in the evening and I had to use the little men's room, so we went in. A Priesthood prep meeting was going on for the whole stake and guess who I bumped into... the Patiño family! Lucas is preparing to receive the priesthood! It made me so content. It took me back to when I went to that meeting with my parents and how special that time was for me. And that I, through the Lord, was able to make that happen for a family on the other side of the world. We hugged and shook hands and took pictures and everything. And not only they were there, but lots from Parque Patricios. So I was super happy. The two wards are really close and Blanca told me she is gonna visit me some Sunday with Chipas (look it up) to give me. I am happy. :D

Loves!

Luisa's Baptism

Patiño Family

Peterson and I

Chipas (Argentinean Cheese Bread)



Do Something

I woke up this morning
Saw a world full of trouble now
Thought, how’d we ever get so far down
How’s it ever gonna turn around
So I turned my eyes to Heaven
I thought, “God, why don’t You do something?”
Well, I just couldn’t bear the thought of
People living in poverty
Children sold into slavery
The thought disgusted me
So, I shook my fist at Heaven
Said, “God, why don’t You do something?”
He said, “I did, I created you”

If not us, then who
If not me and you
Right now, it’s time for us to do something
If not now, then when
Will we see an end
To all this pain
It’s not enough to do nothing
It’s time for us to do something

I’m so tired of talking
About how we are God’s hands and feet
But it’s easier to say than to be
Live like angels of apathy who tell ourselves
It’s alright, “somebody else will do something”
Well, I don’t know about you
But I’m sick and tired of life with no desire
I don’t want a flame, I want a fire
I wanna be the one who stands up and says,
“I’m gonna do something”

If not us, then who
If not me and you
Right now, it’s time for us to do something
If not now, then when
Will we see an end
To all this pain
It’s not enough to do nothing
It’s time for us to do something

We are the salt of the earth
We are a city on a hill (shine shine, shine shine)
But we’re never gonna change the world
By standing still
No we won’t stand still
No we won’t stand still
No we won’t stand still

If not us, then who
If not me and you
Right now, it’s time for us to do something
If not now, then when
Will we see an end
To all this pain
It’s not enough to do nothing
It’s time for us to do something [x3]